Tuesday, September 30, 2008

my bike

I love to bike! I learned how last summer. I just told my mom that I needed to learn how to ride a bike. She sent my dad outside with me and five minutes later I came in and told her I had learned! I love to go on the Minute Man Trail. It is fun because you get to see old homes and where the Revolutionary War started. We even get to sometimes stop and see a man shoot an old fashioned gun. One time my dad took Sophia and Ezra back to the car and my mom and I went over a bridge and saw pretty flowers. Another place I like to bike is to a lake by our house. Every time we go to the lake it looks different. One time it was covered with fog. And one time the trees were all different colors. There was also a really pretty sunset. Usually my mom goes with us but sometimes she lets my sister take us. Last summer we bought a bike rack and so we can put our bikes on our car and go far away to ride. Once we took our bikes to Boston and rode by the Charles River. On a Sunday after church we took our bikes to the beach and rode on a trail next to the ocean. We also took our bikes to the Birkshires. I hope that I always have my bike to ride.   

4 comments:

Carolyn Ebert said...

Awesome, Annie! Gaby will be so jealous when I show her this post. She begged all last summer to learn to ride her bike, but it had a flat tire that never got fixed. Isn't that sad? She had lots of fun riding her scooter everywhere, so we sort of forgot about her bike!

Mike Spendlove said...

Hey Annie, I love to bike too. There are a lot of really good trails up in the mountains here in Utah, but I can tell from your blog that there are plenty of good ones near Boston too. Maybe sometime I'll go biking out there with you guys.

-Mike

David Spendlove said...

Annelise,

I wish I could go bike riding with you. What I would really like to do is build a tree house in your backyard and just live there so we could have fun every day.

love , gradnpa

Gretta Spendlove said...

Annie: I love the picture of you on your bike! You look like you are ready to blast off on a race! I loved going bike riding with you in Maine. Love, Grandma Gretta