Sunday, August 31, 2008

California

This summer we did a lot of fun things! We went to Newport Beach in California. At the beach we went boogie boarding. One time when I was boogie boarding with my cousin Hadley, there was a big wave. We came off the board and we couldn't get back on. Than my cousin Tanner came and saved us. I really liked building sand cakes with Hadley and Sophia. I liked building sandcastles with Gaby. I also dug a huge huge hole with Gaby. We played a game with my cousins where you got on a boogie board and you held onto the string and went back and forth standing up. It was kind of hard to stand up but it was okay if you fell off. 
One night after all the beach time we went to see the American Girl movie, Kit. Then a few days later we went to the American Girl Store and I got the doll Julie. I already have Kit so I didn't get it but my cousins didn't have Kit so they got her. 
We all had a really fun time in California. I am so glad that my Grandma and Grandpa could plan this all.  

4 comments:

David Spendlove said...

Annelise,

You had soooooo much fun in California. Maybe next tinme you go there I can hide in the back of your car so I can enjoy the fun with you.

Love,

Grandpa David

Gretta Spendlove said...

I love your beach picture, Annelise! You are so lucky to go to both the beach and the mountains. Love, Grandma Gretta

Craig Ebert said...

Annelise,

We sure had fun with you and your family this summer. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your new school year.

Love,
Uncle Craig

Carolyn Ebert said...

This photo is priceless. We loved being in California with you!