Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chickie Chickie Festival

 On June 2nd, it was the Chicken Festival in kindergarten. In kindergarten, everytime it is close to the end of the year, you have a Chicken Festival. In May we got chick eggs and we put them in an incubator and we watched them hatch. One day we watched a chick hatch and we skipped writing workshop! First they have a pecking tooth and they peck out of their egg with it. Then they have to rest a little. They actually have to rest in their egg. And then they peck some more. Then they crack out of their egg! They are all wet and they are not fluffy because of the yolk. They walk around. One of the chicks, the first one to hatch, pecked on a different egg before it was hatched. He was trying to get the other chick out so they would have friends.

We then have a party to celebrate the hatched eggs in Mrs. Garvey's class and in Mrs. Rivera class. We have obstacial courses, egg hunts, spoon races, and crafts. We played farmer says and we took our picture. That is all. My mom came and was a farmer. I went in her group. It was really fun. 


6 comments:

Camille said...

You are the perfect farmer! I had so much fun with you at the festival.

marilee said...

oh no, now hadley is going to want her own blog! you are the cutest annelise...

Jenny and Jonny said...

What an awesome blog! Annie we love you so much. We can't wait to hear about all the fun things that you are doing this summer. We miss you, but we're so excited to see you in August!

David Spendlove said...

Annie,

You are the greatest. I love your blog and it makes me think I need one too. I also remember watching chickens hatch when I was your age. I can't wait to see you this summer and give you a big hug

Camille said...

That is awesome Annelise! I can't wait to start my own blog! By the way, this is from EMILIE!!!!!!!!!

Carolyn Ebert said...

How fun that you got to be a farmer! We love that you are writing a blog. We hope you will write more!

(Camille- Good job for giving her the opportunity to write authentically for a real audience!)

Gabriella says: All the first grade in my school did that too. We put chicken eggs in an incubator, but when they hatched one of them did not have a leg and the other one was infected, so they died in their sleep. We got two ducks and two chicks already hatched. One of the ducks was black. We named him Oreo. The other duck was Fred. The chicks were Popcorn and Fluffy. I felt sad when they died, but when we got new ones, it was awesome. I'm excited to see you in California! We will have so much fun! I miss you so much!